PHENOTYPIC AGESCIENCE & RESEARCH
We all age differently depending on lifestyle, environment, and adherence to various longevity protocols. Individuals might be of the same chronological age, and yet have different likelihood of being diagnosed with age-related diseases and, in some cases, even dying. These differences are reflective of the differences in underlying biological aging processes.
Scientists from UCLA analyzed a large amount of data (see table below) using a cohort of 11,432 adults ranging from 20-84 years old and came up with a measure of biological age called Phenotypic Age or PhenoAge. Your PhenoAge tells you how old you are biologically compared to your chronological age. They also were able to measure Mortality Score (probability of death in the next 10 years).
PhenoAge Strongly Correlates to All-Cause Mortality
There is a strong association between PhenoAge and a variety of aging outcomes.
Independent of chronological age:
- The higher your PhenoAge, the higher the likelihood of coexisting morbidities
- The higher your PhenoAge, the lower the likelihood of being disease-free
- Higher PhenoAge is associated with an increase in physical functioning problems
- Higher PhenoAge is associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease
Roadmap to Developing DNAm PhenoAge
A three phased analytical approach was used to develop DNAm PhenoAge calculations. PhenoAge was developed using NHANES III training data and employed a proportional hazard penalized regression model to narrow 42 biomarkers to 9 biomarkers and chronological age.
9 Required Biomarkers (From Blood Test)
- Albumin – Liver function
- Alkaline Phosphatase – Liver function
- Creatinine – Kidney function
- Glucose – Metabolism
- C-reactive Protein – Inflammation
- Lymphocyte – Immune System
- Mean Cell Volume – Immune System
- Red Cell Distribution Width – Immune System
- White Blood Cells – Immune System
Important Safety Information
The information from this test is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this test for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. You should not stop taking any medication without first consulting your physician.
Ready to Know Your
- Use previous doctor-ordered blood test results (CMP, CBC & hs-CRP panels)
- Simply plug in values for the 9 blood markers into the online calculator
- Calculate phenotypic age each year in tandem with your annual physical
- Purchase online
- Visit one of 2,000+ Quest Diagnostic Labs locations*
- Make an appointment online or walk-in service available
- Guaranteed to have 9 required blood markers
*Blood Test not available in AZ, NY or NJ