ACARBOSE (AS NEEDED)
Block starchy carbs to help reduce post-meal time glucose spikes & maintain healthier weight. Take as needed with carb-heavy meals.View Pricing
Blocks Starchy Carbs
- Slows digestion of starchy carbs to help control blood sugar levels
- Helps prevent post-mealtime glucose spikes
- Supports healthier long-term weight
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular events
- Taken as needed with carb-heavy meals
Background & History
- Most commonly used & studied alpha-glucosidase inhibitor
- Prevents the breakdown of starch into sugar in the small intestine to reduce blood sugar spikes
- Helps to decrease glycemic index of certain carb-rich foods, such as rice, wheat, corn & potatoes
- Lower glycemic indexes may help to prevent diabetes, heart disease & obesity
- FDA approved to treat type 2 diabetes since 1999 (Acarbose for non-diabetics)
ACARBOSE AT WORK
Reduce Glucose Spikes
Acarbose works to reduce spikes in blood sugar following a carb-heavy meal & lessen the resulting sugar crash. See it in action on the adjacent chart with real data from an AgelessRx pilot study patient after consuming a bagel.
Ready to Get Started?
Start Your Free Online Visit Now.
- Blocks starchy carbs
- Contains 25mg tablets (2 per packet)
- Supplies 24 uses per quarter
- Convenient tear-away packets
- Ships quarterly
FREE medical evaluation
You will be automatically billed & sent refills based on your plan
You can pause or cancel at any time before your next shipment
* Prescription products require an online evaluation with a licensed medical professional who will determine if a prescription is appropriate. See below for important safety information. Benefits outlined on AgelessRx.com are based on 3rd party studies. Medication is offered as a subscription service which you can cancel at any time. Actual product packaging may appear differently than shown.
How do I take Acarbose?
Take 1-2 tablets with the first bite of a carb heavy meal, such as pizza or pasta, as needed. Tablets can be swallowed with a drink of water or chewed with your first mouthful of food. Do not take more than prescribed.
How often can I take Acarbose?
You can take Acarbose up to 8 times per month, at your discretion, when you consume a carb heavy meal. Each Acarbose subscription supplies up to 24 uses per quarter.
How can I measure the effectiveness of Acarbose?
A Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) is one of the most convenient ways to track your progress. You can compare sugar spikes after eating starchy carbs (with and without Acarbose!) to visibly see the impact Acarbose has on preventing spikes.See all FAQs
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION &
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
For Acarbose to work properly, it must be taken at the beginning of your carb-heavy meal. Do not consume excessive amounts of alcohol while taking Acarbose.
Most Common Acarbose Side Effects
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Bloated feeling
For a full list of possible side effects, click here.
Other Important Safety Information
Consult with a healthcare professional prior to starting Acarbose if any of the following apply to you:
- You currently take diabetes drugs, which, when taken together, can lead to your sugar level getting too low, causing hypoglycemia
- You currently take diuretics, which, when taken together, can lead to your sugar level getting too high, causing hyperglycemia
- You currently have or have had a history of an eating disorder
- You currently take blood pressure drugs (called beta-blockers), which, when taken together, can lead to your sugar level getting too high, causing hyperglycemia
- You currently take hormonal medications such as estrogens and oral contraceptives
The above information is only a summary. For a full list, or to read more important safety information, click here.
Note: The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.