Congratulations on prioritizing your health with a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)! Whether it is your first time using a CGM Sensor, or if it’s just been a while, we’ve got you covered. The above video is an excellent resource to walk you through the process.
Need a step-by-step? We’ve got that, too! Below, we outline the quick and easy steps to apply your CGM and get started with the app:
- Select where you’re going to apply the sensor on the back of your upper arm.
- Clean the selected site with the provided alcohol wipe and allow it to dry.
- Completely peel off the lid from the Sensor Pack and unscrew the cap from the Sensor Applicator.
*CAUTION: Sensor codes must match on the Sensor Cap and Sensor Applicator. If damaged or already opened, do NOT use it.
- Place the Sensor Applicator into the open Sensor Pack and line up the dark marks on the Applicator and Pack. Firmly press down on the Sensor Applicator, using a hard surface if needed, until it comes to a stop.
- Lift the Sensor Applicator out of the Sensor Pack.
- The Sensor Applicator is ready to go. To apply the Sensor, place the Applicator over the cleaned site and firmly push down until it’s in place.
*CAUTION: Sensor Applicator now contains a needle. Do not touch the inside of the Sensor Applicator or put it back into the Sensor Pack. Do NOT push down on the Sensor Applicator until it’s placed over the prepared site to prevent unintended results or injury.
- Gently pull the Sensor Applicator away and ensure the sensor is securely attached.
- Discard the used Sensor Applicator and Sensor Pack according to local regulations.
- As the final step, you’ll need to open the FreeStyle Libre 2 app on your NFC-Enabled device and follow the prompts to start your Sensor.
For more of our CGM Sensor tips and tricks, check out our blog on Getting Started With Your CGM. Instructions will also be included with your CGM order.